127 South Street
Manawatu, New Zealand

Phone: (06) 323 6401
Email:  Feilding Archive


Piripiri Post Office with Enright & Culling Families 


Home Records Books Photos Links


Looking Back at the Way it Was ...

Click on image to see enlarged view.

horizontal rule


Derby Street Bridge

over the Makino Stream

Fergusson Street

looking south-west.

Kimbolton Road

looking south-west with the Feilding Hotel centre left.

Manawatu Gorge

before there was a sealed road, which is now no more!

Manchester Street

looking south-east has John Cobbe & Sons on the left, The Bank of Australia [ANZ] on the right, Darragh & Sons centre left, and Carthew & Sons centre right.

Manchester Square

The York Team Rooms were a popular destination for the ladies, having the only public restrooms in town. The BNZ building at the rear is still the same today.

Aorangi Bridge

Opened March 1893. 300 persons were on the bridge for the official opening, doing full justice to the buffet provided [on tables on the bridge] after formalities had been completed.

North Street Footbridge

over the Makino Stream